Makeup lovers will appreciate the significance of finding the proper foundation. After years of experimenting with many brands, you want to discover the holy grail of foundations. We all desire that flawless makeup look while addressing other skin concerns such as decreasing discolouration and smoothing wrinkles. According to a study, around 44% of women can’t leave the house without wearing makeup. In this Smashbox VS Mac, we’ll see which product is best for all types of skin.
Both brands contain treatments that help skin glow healthily. The amount of clinical proof and the excellent ingredient list is what sets them distinct. Regardless, we must determine whether they are genuinely effective. This article will go through the essential elements, including benefits and downsides, ingredients, functionality, customer review proof, and costs. So keep an eye out!
Smashbox VS Mac – An Outright Comparison
Make-up is a great way to hide the complexion of our skin and make ourselves more confident. Both of the brands in the spotlight have developed distinct product lines that you may use in various ways. Smashbox provides foundation, primer, eyeliner, lipstick, and mascara. In contrast, Mac provides the foundation, primer, concealer, eyeliner, lipstick, brow gel creme, mascara, lip gloss, blusher, and face powder.
We discovered that the former has more engagement techniques than the latter during our investigation for this Smashbox VS Mac comparison. Individual blog pieces about beauty, cosmetics, and other topics are published regularly. However, here Mac takes the point as it has more varieties of products than Smashbox. Regardless, we’ll soon discover which of the two lines has produced superior outcomes in a shorter period.
Products – Smashbox VS Mac
1. Studio Skin 24 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
For up to 24 hours, Smashbox’s Studio Skin Hydrating Foundation keeps your skin looking fresh and natural. This oil-free makeup is infused with hydrating hyaluronic acid and leaves your skin appearing perfect without clogging your pores. Its composition uses light-diffusing beads to hide flaws. With natural-looking, moisturized, and oil-free skin, it provides full to medium coverage.
- Lightweight, pleasant feel
- Stays put for 15 hours.
- There’s no need for touch-ups.
- No sun protection factor (SPF)
- For golden undertones, it’s a little boring.
2. Smashbox Photo Finish Even Skintone Primer
The primer is a peach-toned colour-correcting makeup primer with a combination of Vitamin A and Vitamin E. A lightweight, velvety texture evens out skin tone and blurs dark spots, making makeup seem better. All types of skin are welcome to use it. Redness is reduced, pores are blurred, and fine lines are reduced. This primer extends the life of your makeup. Furthermore, it has never been tested on animals, so it is cruelty-free and vegan.
- Pores and fine wrinkles will appear smaller.
- It adds radiance to the face.
- You may wear it without foundation.
- It is somewhat expensive, but the quality is good.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Corrects redness, blurs pores and fine lines
- This primer helps your makeup last for hours
- Cruelty-free. Vegan
You Might Like: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Review – Hype Or Overhyped?
3. Smashbox Superfan Fanned-out Mascara
Super Fan Mascara gives your lashes a boost of volume, length, and lift that lasts up to 12 hours. This Mascara is long-lasting, lengthening, cruelty-free Mascara that creates sleek, fanned-out volume without heaviness or clumping. A double-bristle brush with 360° precision puts a super-black solution onto lashes.
The soft comb reaches, styles, and reveals lashes you never knew you possessed, while the 360° Precision double-bristle brush fills product from root to tip. The black formula keeps lashes looking larger and thicker without clumping, smudging, flaking, or heaviness.
- Brush with 360-degree precision.
- A fuller, broader appearance.
- It doesn’t smear.
- It may become clumpy.
- Waterproofing is not possible.
- This lengthening mascara gives you modern, fanned-out volume
- Get 12-hour length, lift and volume without any heaviness or clumping.
- Item Package Dimension: 1.9cm L x 6.6cm W x 15.3cm H
- Item Package Weight: 1.6 oz
4. Smashbox Be Legendary Cream Lipstick
Smashbox Be Legendary formula of powerful pigments and silky emollients saturates lips with vibrant colour that looks great and feels light. Every hue was produced and tested in our Los Angeles photo studio to ensure that colour remained accurate in images and stayed put throughout an all-day shoot.
The pigment-rich product goes on smoothly and feels luxurious and light on the lips. Creams that are moisturizing and silky smooth Shea butter + vitamins C and E soften and protect lips. Mattes that are silky and vitamin-fortified won’t dry out or settle unevenly on lips.
- A wide range of shades is available.
- Pigmentation is good.
- Lips are not dried out.
- The very creamy consistency leaves the lips feeling greasy.
- There are bleeds and transfers all over the place.
- Pigment-loaded formula glides on and feels lush and light on the lips
- Moisturizing, satin-smooth creams soften and protect lips with shea butter + vitamins C and E
- Silky, vitamin-fortified mattes won't dry out or settle unevenly on lips
5. Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner
The eyeliner is a cruelty-free, long-lasting, waterproof kohl eyeliner pencil with a precise tip that self-sharpens when the cap is twisted. It is durable and hyper-pigmented for exact lines on the waterline or inner rim that pop. This time-saving liner can also get used as a shadow or on the inner edge. Apply a layer of product to your lids and mix with a powder shadow. Don’t forget to let it sit for a while.
- It doesn’t sting or aggravate my sensitive eyes in the least.
- It removes easily with oil or baby soap.
- It is a one-of-a-kind, user-friendly, and travel-friendly concept.
- It barely clings to your chin.
- Apart from the twist-over in-built sharpener, this kohl liner is unremarkable.
You Might Like: Smashbox Foundation Reviews
1. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF15 NC50
An incredible one-step product that evens out the skin and sets the makeup like a powder. It’s a two-in-one solution that provides you with a faultless and sparkling look. It has a natural matte finish and is buildable from medium to full coverage. It has a long wear time of seven to eight hours. It may be worn alone or over foundation for further coverage.
- It doesn’t appear to be cakey at all. It seems to be extremely natural.
- It didn’t oxidize in the least.
- It features SPF 15 protection.
- It does not include a pump, which you must purchase separately.
- Skin type: All
- Package Dimensions: 3.6 L x 9.4 H x 3.8 W (centimeters)
- Manufacturer: M.A.C
2. MAC Sized to Go Mini Prep & Prime Fix+
Fix Plus is a vitamin and mineral-rich, light-weight face spray. It also contains cucumber and green tea, skin-soothing, and chamomile, an antibacterial agent. It diminishes the appearance of redness on the face and lowers the sensitivity of the skin. It also moisturizes and replenishes the skin’s lost moisture. It gives a natural glow to your skin and makes it look nourished. It is more of a skincare product. Therefore it won’t repair your makeup as well.
- It provides a dewy gloss to the skin.
- There are a lot of skin-friendly components in this product.
- It aids in the enhancement of cosmetics.
- If you’re on a beauty budget, the price point can be prohibitive (large bottle).
- contains green tea, chamomile and cucumber to help soothe and comfort
3. MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme
The brow gel creme in a pot from Fluidline is a gel-based product that is ideal for defining and shaping brows. It’s waterproof and long-lasting, with a wear time of eight to ten hours. By using an angular brush, it’s simple to apply. With this excellent product, you can lengthen, shape, and define your brows, as well as create any form, from subtle to spectacular.
You have the best, well-groomed brow with long-lasting results when using MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcrème to add precise definition to the natural brow. MAC produced Fluidline Brow Gelcrème to fit all hair colours, complexions, and preferences.
- Apply on skin and brow hair evenly.
- It is accessible at all MAC sites.
- It has a consistency that you can blend.
- There are just three colors available.
- There is no color match for red/brown hair.
- MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme True Brunette: A longwearing, waterproof brow liner that delivers medium to full coverage, as well as a natural looking finish.
- Effortlessly gliding onto the brow and setting quickly, the smooth gel-crème formula can be used to fill in sparse areas,reshape the natural brow and recreate the look of brows for those with naturally thin or over-plucked brows.
- Add precise definition to the natural brow using MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcrème, expect the ultimate, well-groomed brow with long-lasting results.
- Apply hair-like strokes using a fine makeup brush to create the appearance of real hairs.
4. MAC Liquidlast Liner Wet Road
Without a good eyeliner, your eye makeup is incomplete. For all liner enthusiasts out there, the liquid last eyeliner is a must-have product. It’s packaged in a bit of a bottle with a felt-tip brush for accurate application. It’s dark, deep, rich, and dramatic, and it can slay the eyeliner look. It’s waterproof and long-lasting, with a 12-hour or longer wear time. It’s durable, waterproof, and can last up to 12 hours. It has a deep, lustrous sheen to it. It’s non-flaking and non-smudging.
- It’s pitch black.
- It does not irritate the eyes in any way.
- Because just one stroke is required, it might continue for months.
- Because it is waterproof, it is a little tough to remove.
- The cost is a little on the expensive side.
- MAC Liquidlast Liner WET ROAD
5. MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara
Do you want your lashes to be thick and defined? Get the MAC Extended Play Mascara, then. It’s light and easy to use, and it gives you wonderfully defined lashes. It comes with a bit of brush to make application easier. Its one-of-a-kind waterproof composition is simple to clean with warm water. It has a long-lasting effect (up to 16 hours) and curls as well as volumizes your lashes. They do not clump or flake, and it gives your lashes a natural appearance.
- Even with three coats, it does not clump your lashes.
- It lengthens and defines your lashes.
- Your sensitive eyes are not irritated by it.
- It doesn’t keep your lashes curled or give them volume.
- MAC Mascara Extended play lash longueur et definition - Endlessy black
Sodium Hyaluronate: This substance is a type of hyaluronic acid that can penetrate your skin’s deep layers. It draws moisture to the area and decreases inflammation. Sodium hyaluronate, when used topically, is effective at reducing dryness and wrinkles. It’s found in serums, eye creams, and facial cleansers, among other things.
Tocopheryl acetate: Tocopheryl acetate is an antioxidant that aids in the fight against free radical damage and promotes skin repair to reduce the effects of aging. Because it lasts longer and prevents oils and substances from getting rancid, this type of vitamin E is commonly utilized in cosmetics.
Methicone: Methicone is a silicone-based polymer utilized as a skin conditioner and surface modifier in cosmetics, skin creams, and other beauty products. This barrier keeps sweat and oils from penetrating beneath the surface, which would otherwise cause makeup to wear off.
Tribehenin: Tribehenin is a glyceryl triester that is made up of glycerin and a fatty acid. It’s a skin-conditioning agent with occlusive and emollient characteristics that are utilized in cosmetics. It can also be used for make-up, suntan lotion, and deodorant, among other things.
Laureth-7: Laureth components are utilized to formulate various bath, eye, face, hair, cleansing, and sunscreen applications in cosmetics and personal care goods. Cuticle softeners, deodorants, and moisturizing creams all include them.
Shea Butter: Shea butter is an effective cosmetic ingredient for softening skin due to its high fatty acids and vitamins. Anti-inflammatory and therapeutic effects are also found in shea butter. Shea butter can help to condition, tone, and soothe your skin, especially on your face.
Caffeine: Caffeine has several characteristics that are beneficial to the skin. It may reduce the generation of reactive oxygen species and free radicals and damage from UV radiation as an antioxidant. It could even help to promote hair growth. Caffeine is also a vasoconstrictor, meaning it constricts blood vessels and reduces skin puffiness.
Argan Oil: Argan oil is a nutritious and antioxidant vegetable oil that is used in cosmetics. On the other hand, Argan oil is in the middle of the spectrum—not too heavy, not too light—so it’s suitable for all skin types. It’s high in omega fatty acids, vitamin E, and linoleic acids, all of which help soothe dry spots, moisturize your skin and even minimize acne.
Chamomile: Chamomile can treat and prevent acne breakouts by decreasing bacteria and cleaning the skin. Because of its antibacterial characteristics, it’s a key natural ingredient in acne-fighting skincare products.
Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil is mainly utilized for its cosmetic properties. Many cosmetics and cleaning products contain it. Acne, sunburns, psoriasis, and chapped lips are the most common conditions treated with it. Women often use this oil for its anti-aging qualities.
Customer Reviews –
Natalie, says “I’ve been using Smashbox for a long time. I’d developed a sensitivity to it and needed to locate a suitable replacement. I received a sample of this product from Sephora. I opted to purchase the full version after using it for a week without incident. This product does a decent job of keeping the shine away on my susceptible skin, which is prone to that oily t-zone.”
Tashikitten, says “From time to time, MAC sells sets with little brushes. I’m not sure why folks are claiming this isn’t MAC. Yes, it is. Mine is still in my possession. Radial pink is my favorite pink. I wish I could locate it in a single case rather than a pallet of five colors because I use it considerably more than the other hues, which are all lovely. It is a lovely set. It is highly recommended and is not a forgery!”
Some customers are saying that MAC’s customer services are not appropriate. They are not satisfied with their services. When you have equal advantages and disadvantages for two brands, you are forced to choose the most cost-effective alternative. Regardless, the majority of customers believe Smashbox is more trustworthy.
Conclusion – Smashbox VS Mac
We can conclude from this Smashbox VS Mac comparison that each brand has its own set of advantages. However, based on the results supplied by our reviewers, we believe Smashbox has won the match. What drew our attention was the all-natural, no-side-effects method. Mac, on the other hand, isn’t a bad option. It’s a good option if you’re searching for a more variety of products in your cosmetics.
We hope that this summary has answered all of your questions about Smashbox VS Mac. However, if you have any more questions or concerns, please utilize the comment area below. We’d be delighted to hear from you.