There are several skin brands in the market that you want to try on. Some of them will make your skin go wow, while some can damage the skin badly. You don’t want to fall for the trap laid by the beauty brands and waste your money. The fact is that you cannot test each one of them on your delicate skin. The products surround us, and the more choices we have leads to confusion.
Getting your hand on that one product that your skin will love is hard to find as everyone has different skin types. The experience of one good brand will make you stick to the same for years. So that’s why we want to save your years of time and money by discussing the two most renowned skincare brands (Obagi VS Zo). Obagi and Zo both are the known names in the skincare market but, which is the one that’s meant only for you. Let’s dive into Obagi VS Zo to find out.
Obagi Vs Zo – The Right Choice
Both are equally good and beneficial as they target the same aspects of beauty and skin regimen. There are chances that both can work for you, or any one of them will help your skin. Let’s find out skincare for your skin type.
Obagi has been a famous brand since 1988. The brand is focused on helping its customers via condition-specific treatment. Obagi is formulated by using the latest technology with high-quality ingredients that have clinically proven results. The formulation is reinforced with the science of beauty regimens. The target focus is to provide the skin with the benefit it deserves.
Obagi will treat skin issues like wrinkles, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, skin ageing, and severe acne. It offers a range of cleansers, exfoliators, peels, face treatment serums, moisturizers, sun care, toners, face wash, lotions, and mists that you can use according to your skin comfort.
Popular Obagi Products:
Zo is an upgraded brand that is based on skincare optimization using the latest and advanced skin technologies. Zo is another brand formed by the founder of Obagi, who left Obagi to start the Zo skincare to develop a different product line. The product is bioengineered by the latest formulations that go through several tests to meet your skin requirements.
Zo solves the problems of setting up a different skincare regime along with dermatological treatment. One can experience the benefits it offers irrespective of colour, age, and skin problems. The skin range provides eye care, hydration, cleansers, exfoliators, sunscreen, body care, toners, and cleaners.
Popular Zo Products:
Pros And Cons – Obagi VS Zo
The product has its advantages and disadvantages as no product is a complete satisfaction winner. Listing down the pros and cons of both the beauty brand will help you give a clear vision of what you are looking for.
- Facial Rejuvenator.
- It maintains a youthful glow.
- Suppress hyperpigmentation.
- Heals facial cracks and dryness.
- Deep moisturizer.
- It protects from sun damage.
- Not all skincare range of the brand works well.
- Some products can leave the skin back to its original damaged state upon discontinuation.
- Hydrates and nourishes.
- DNA repair.
- It restores the skin barrier.
- Antioxidant protection.
- Pigment control.
- It treats skin inflammations.
- UV protection.
- Most of the products contain fragrance that is not good for the skincare skin.
- It has a high concentration of denatured alcohol that can break the skin.
Ingredients – Obagi VS Zo
Brands are known for the type of ingredients that they use. An element will only define what works for your skin and what doesn’t. Let’s get to know the ingredients of Obagi Vs Zo well and then make a decision out of it.
- Obagi is rich in Shea Butter, a beautiful skin ingredient that nourishes the deeper layers of your skin. The invisible cracks that make your skin look aged are filled with Shea Butter. If deep nourishment is what you want, then Obagi is the brand for you.
- Another ingredient used is Hydroquinone that has scientifically proven skin advantages. It suppresses the high production of melanocytes and shows instant results. After burying also ensures to improve skin texture. Hydroquinone may not be an ingredient for you if you have sensitive skin.
- The brand also uses Aloe Barbadensis, which is good to shield the skin against sun damage. The aloe delivers good results in hyperpigmentation, suntan, rashes, acute acne, and blemishes. However, it’s not the ingredient to try on chronic acne and oily skin.
- Zo has Kojic Dipalmitate, suitable for sensitive skin, like the area under the eye. Kojic acid is used to protect the delicate skin areas while improving the skin texture along with.
- Retinol levels up collagen production and promote the formation of new blood vessels. The product contains Retinol more than 1% which can irritate the skin in the long run.
- Sodium Hyaluronate hydrates the skin by penetrating deeper into different layers and works on improving wrinkles. It works well on inflamed skin like redness and bumps. It starts the healing of wounds caused by acne or other cause. The side effects of Sodium Hyaluronate are not known and are considered safe even for pregnant women to use. In the worst scenario, it will only make the skin red and irritate it.
You Might Like : Mary Kay VS Younique | Better Pick For You?
Customer Reviews – Obagi Vs Zo
Lourdes says, “I’ve been using Obagi for years and have received numerous praises, including from my younger brother, and we all know how younger brothers can be in a vast family. I was thrilled that they included the moisturiser in this set.
I strongly advise. When Obagi 1st was introduced, I worked for a private M. D., and I completely forgot about it. They wanted to observe how the cream would react to different skin types, so they exposed me. And I can honestly state that I have no regrets.”
Jennipher says, “
For years, I’ve experimented with hundreds of exfoliants and scrubs. Hundreds of dollars have been spent on items that I’ve only used a few times before letting them sit on my vanity till the next rival came along.
Last year, my esthetician used ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish on my face, and I was blown away by the first and subsequent uses. My face feels revitalised, clean, and invigorated after using a pea-sized dollop. If you’re tired of oil, wax, and walnut husks, the freshness of ZO will not disappoint.”
You Might Like : Elta MD VS Supergoop – Which One Is Suitable For You?
Frequently Asked Questions – Obagi Vs Zo
Q1. How Does Obagi Skin Care Range Work?
Obegi works on the deeper levels of the skin, where lies the root cause of every damaged skin. Working on deeper levels brings results on the skin surface, an excellent advantage for skin health. The lifeless skin due to the underlying cause is revived with religious use of the product. Problems like wrinkles, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, skin dullness, and skin breakage are healed eventually. It also initiates the production of healthy skin cells and removing the dead cells gradually.
Q2. What Are The Types Of Obagi Skin Care Treatment?
The different range of Obagi Skin Care treatments are –
- Obagi-C Rx System.
- Nu-Derm System.
- Obagi 360.
- Professional-C Serums.
- Clenziderm-C Serums.
Q.3. Are Obagi And Zo Same?
It’s not like that, but they are similar in that they both were formulated under the same dermatologist Dr Obagi. But there is a difference in some ingredients used in both ranges. The product prices are almost the same so that you can choose the best suited for your skin. Patch testing is always recommended before relying on one main product.
Q.4. Where To Buy Both The Product?
Both of the skincare ranges are readily available Online. You can make a purchase of the product at a discounted rate from Amazon.
Q.5. What Ranges Are Available In Both The Products?
Ranges are Cleansers, exfoliators, peels, face treatment serums, moisturizers, sun care, toners, face wash, lotions, and mists. Select a range of what your skin loves the most.
Conclusion – Obagi Vs Zo
After going through in-depth research of Obagi Vs Zo, let’s jump on to the conclusions. As we all know, no product fits all the skin requirements at the same time. One outcome from the same brand may work for you while the other may not. So there is no one perfect brand for your skin type. Obagi Vs Zo both works on the same latest formulation technology criteria and have the same approach to skin treatment.
The product from both brands contains ingredients that work well for your skin, but they also have contents that can irritate your skin. The price range of both brands is equally high. In this case, it’s better to choose to go with Obagi.
Although Obagi will not give you any magical results within one or two months, it will test your patience and slowly show the skin healing effect. We recommend you test your skin via the patch test method to know that there aren’t any side effects. We will be more than happy to help if you still have any questions regarding Obagi Vs Zo. Comment below if you have used the product already or are willing to buy one, and share the results.
You Might Like : Vanicream Vs Cerave | Are Two Significant Skincare?