One of the great joy and true indulgences in life is opening a new bottle of a cosmetic product. The first sniff of its aroma, the first dot you apply, gives you a thrill. Your mother probably might have been the first woman who introduced you to the world of personal care. Cosmetic products are miracles contained in small bottles. They’re the solution to your skin’s problem and the fountain of youth. These small bottles have answers to all your skin needs and concerns.
Pigmentation, acne, scars, oily skin, dry skin, unsightly enlarged pores, and wrinkles are mini horror stories on our faces. Modern-day skincare promises care and solution to all these problematic skin problems. We all want to look good; skincare plays a significant role in making this possible. Therefore, it is pertinent that we pay attention to the products we put on the skin. If a single brand has targeted solutions for different problems, it is Mary Kay. Let’s explore further and do some Mary Kay Reviews.
About Mary Kay Mascara | Mary Kay Reviews
Mary Kay was founded on September 13th, 1963, by Mary Kay Ash under the banner, “Beauty by Mary Kay”. It is a privately owned multi-level marketing company started with multiple personal care products under its name. Its mission is to enrich women’s lives with an unparalleled business opportunity, and since its inception, Mary Kay has positively impacted women through its personal care products, businesses, and outreach. Starting with just $ 5,000, Mary Kay has built an entire empire on the principle of helping others.
The company has always stressed respecting other people, providing service to others, and balancing work and life. Always a game-changer, Mary Kay has evolved with time while staying true to its mission. Its products are responsibly formulated to meet your skincare goals, and over the years, they’ve added multiple lines to its existing products. They’re a Paraben-free, phthalate-free, synthetic fragrance-free, synthetic dye-free, and SLS/SLES free company committed to empowering others. Let’s review some of their products and check if their products live up to the hype or not.
1. Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara
This ultra-thickening and lengthening mascara come with a specially designed double impact brush that promises to give irresistible length and volume. It is smudge-resistant and long-wearing. One application leads to visible lengthening and thickening of the lashes. Its special brush is unique because one side of the brush has shorter bristles, and the other has longer bristles.
You can see that it is a pretty straightforward product on opening the tube. The shorter bristles apply the mascara and the longer side to comb through the lashes. It promises to give 200% more volume to the lashes and make your lashes 84% longer. Living up to its promise of being smudge-resistant while promising to deliver on the three M’s: Magnify, Maximize, and Multiply. This mascara lives up to its hype, and if you haven’t decided to buy it already, this Mary Kay Reviews will show that it is worth buying it.
- Magnify. Maximize. Multiply the look of your lashes. That’s intense! Expand and extend with our only mascara dedicated to multidirectional performance. With 200% more volume, it’s like adding the thickness of two lashes onto every one; plus, get 84% longer-looking lashes!* Special Double-Impact brush designed to plump while combing through to lengthen the look of lashes. Mineral-rich, high-impact pigment envelops each lash in a perfect shade of black
- Smudge resistant
- Value for money
- Easy application
- A double impact brush makes applying mascara easier.
- The applicator holds too much mascara.
- It can get clumpy if not used correctly.
- Not waterproof
How to use?
- Twist to open pump
- Use the shorter side bristle first to apply the mascara all over the eyelash.
- Turn the brush to use the longer side bristle.
- Comb mascara through the eyelash for visibly longer and thicker eyelashes.
2. Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
Have you ever tried removing eye makeup only to look like a raccoon? Removing eye makeup, especially waterproof products, is a struggle. One of Mary Kay’s best sellers is their Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover. This is truly a miracle product. Not many have the luxury to adhere to a multi-step cleansing routine. Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover promises to remove eye makeup, including waterproof eye makeup, gently.
One swipe and you can remove the most stubborn of eye makeup without any pulling, stretching, or tugging of the skin. Its gentle formula ensures that it doesn’t leave the skin feeling stretched, tight, or dry. This product is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. It is ophthalmologist tested, therefore, safe for the eye area. Its fragrance-free formula means that people sensitive to perfumes can use this without irritation.
- Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy.
- Suitable for contact lens wearers.
- Suitable for sensitive skin and sensitive eyes.
- Effectively removes eye make without a trace.
- No irritation.
- Gentle to the skin.
- Easy to use.
- Have to use two different removers. One for the eye and the other for the rest of the face and neck, which can be a bother.
- It can leave the skin feeling a little greasy.
How to use?
- Ensure your hands are clean
- Shake until the oil and water are blended.
- Take a small amount of the eye makeup remover on a cotton ball.
- Lightly press onto your eyelid and rub gently.
- Do not tug or pull at the skin around the eye area.
3. Mary Kay CC Cream with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF
This humble CC (Complexion corrector) Cream promises eight benefits in one step. It: a) Protects b) Brightens c) Corrects with lightweight coverage d) Minimizes redness e) Conceals f) Defends g) Reduces visible signs of ageing h) Hydrates.
Sun damage makes our skin age faster. It results in sunspots and early signs of wrinkles. The broad-spectrum SPF protects the sun against harmful UVB and UVA rays preventing premature skin ageing. The skin correcting formula brightens the skin and improves the look of skin discoloration and uneven skin tone. It corrects the look of skin imperfections without giving it a made-up look. Your dull skin is replaced by visibly healthy-looking skin, making it look soft, luminous, and dewy. This is for that time when you wish to go the “no makeup” look and avoid the cakey look that usually is a result of using skin foundation.
The botanical extract and vitamin E in the formula helps soothe skin, reducing the redness on the skin and cooling inflammation. Its innovative lightweight formula helps conceal dark circles, blemishes, and marks. Reducing the appearance of pores helps in the formation of skin ageing. Unlike foundation, it doesn’t sit on the creases and wrinkles of the skin, so you are left with natural-looking smooth skin.
- hqdljwehl wejdhweo dowel dowedow e`
- qwldlqwd qwdohdoqw d dqwodhoqw dqo doqd q d
- dqwowdoq d dqodhoqd qowhdowq d qodho
- Easily buildable
- Fair price
- can feel sticky on building up.
- Not too suitable for oily skin
- Not too many color options to choose from
How to use?
- Ensure hands and face/or the area you want to apply the CC cream is clean.
- Take a small pump of the product on the backside of your hand.
- Put small dots on your face
- Blend the product into the skin with a brush/sponge/ or your finger.
4. Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream
This multi-purpose cream can be used all over the body or on targeted areas. Many customers use it as a stand-alone night cream or on top of other creams for extra nourishment. This Mary Kay Reviews will help you understand that it is good for sensitive and dehydrated skin people. This lightly scented, pink cream locks in moisture and hydrates your dry skin.
It is thick and greasy by nature, and it has been known to heal wounds faster without leaving scars. Perfect for dry, chapped lips, the emollient in this cream nourishes the skin, making it look younger and firmer. The Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream is perfect for dry areas like cracked heels, feet, elbows, and hands.
- Helps maintain the natural moisture of the face and replenishes hydration in especially dry areas such as hands, elbows and feet
- For extremely dry skin
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Proven to be effective in cuts, burns, dry skin, and other skin problems.
- Non- comedogenic
- Not suitable for people with oily to combination skin.
How to apply?
- Ensure the area you are going to use the cream is clean.
- Apply a small amount to clean, damp skin.
- Light massage it into the skin.
5. Mary Kay Eye Gel
Tired, saggy, and puffy eyes are unsightly. It can age you and ruin the entire look of your face. Covering it up with makeup looks worse as the eye makeup sits on the creases and becomes more prominent. Products targeted specifically for the eye areas cool, moisturize, and soothe the site and help with the puffiness. It perks up the eyes, brightens them, and reduces the look of tired eyes on application.
Mary Kay Eye Gel contains potent botanical extracts which help soothe and cool the skin around the eyes. It is reported to tone the skin making it firmer and tighter. Its cooling formula reduces the appearance of puffiness and refreshes the skin. This small leave-on gel is safe to use for all skin types. It is tested safe for skin irritants and allergies. This dermatologist-tested gel is lightweight and moisturizes the skin. The no fragrance formula makes it safe for people with fragrance sensitivity.
- Contains botanical extracts reported to tone, firm and reduce the appearance of puffiness around the sensitive eye area.
- Calms, cools and refreshes a tired-looking appearance.
- Increases skin moisturization.
- Suitable for sensitive eyes
- It can dry out if left for long, even if the tube is unopened.
- The quantity of the Eye gel is very less.
How to use?
- Ensure your hands and face is clean.
- Take a pea-sized gel on your finger.
- Gently tap it into the eye area.
- Do not rub aggressively.
Customer review | Mary Kay Reviews
“I love this product and use it daily even if I don’t wear any other makeup. It evens my skin and makes me look a little more awake/alive, even on tired days! I blend it with a bit of face lotion or even my greens serum. Nice to have a little SPF with a light feeling.” Alex J
“My number one go-to for sunburns. It works wonders. This will also prevent peeling if you keep using it on those spots. I also use this for elbows, feet, and anywhere else there is dry skin. It spreads great, especially after it heats up with body heat. Use a little at a time because it goes a long way. Use this after exfoliating leave on a couple of mins, then rinse, put some lotion on, and viola’ silky smooth feet, hands, or elbows.” Momof4
You Might Like: Rodan And Fields VS Mary Kay | The Better Skincare Brand?
FAQs | Mary Kay Reviews
Is Mary Kay Cruelty-free?
Mary Kay is not a cruelty-free brand.
Is there harmful chemicals in Mary Kay products?
Their products are phthalate-free, paraben-free, synthetic-dye free, SLS/SLES free and synthetic fragrance-free.
Is Mary Kay skincare beneficial for wrinkles?
Yes, Mary Kay products can tighten the skin and help lift it, it is deeply nourishing and fills deep wrinkles.
What kind of products are sold by Mary Kay?
Mary Kay manufactures and sells personal care products ranging from – skincare, makeup, sunscreen, body care, fragrance, and a separate men’s product range.
How does Mary Kay sell its products?
Mary Kay sells its products through Mary Kay sales representatives. They do all their sales through a Multi-level marketing model.
Cons of the brand:
- Not everyone has access to Mary Kay sales representatives.
- In the absence of a Mary Kay Sales representative, there are multiple reported cases of problematic products delivered to customers.
- It is not cruelty-free nor a 100% vegan brand, which might deter some customers.
Conclusion | Mary Kay Reviews
One of the largest direct sellers of skin care and cosmetics, Mary Kay, has stayed true to its vision and enriched lives. Its products are a staple in many households over the world. Summing up facts and figures from this brand, we have come to the end of Mary Kay Reviews.
Although some claim it is a tad expensive, no doubt using Mary Kay products suited to your needs is beneficial. This is a product line worth buying. Its products deliver over and above the promise and have effectively helped people address their skin issues.
You Might Like: Cliradex Reviews | Trustworthy Or Not?