We all love the feel of clean, moisturized skin. Having good skin is a process, and it consists of multiple factors. The first is identifying individual skin types, rashes, and allergies. In Curel Reviews find products that work for you and your skin is next. No skin responds the same to products.
Therefore, you need to find a product that works for your skin, not a generic skin type. Always use the cleansing, toning, and moisturizing steps. When it comes to cleansing, double cleansing is encouraged often. Oil breaks down and strips away oil and makeup while the cleaner does the rest. Even with the same type of skin, how our skin responds to products varies vastly.
The most consistent problem is dry, sensitive skin is dry, itchy, and flaky skin that can inflate. The skin barrier can break, which results in bleeding sometimes. Our skin’s topmost layer is a barrier against harsh environments. It serves its purpose by keeping out harmful chemicals and germs and retaining moisture. This natural protective barrier is weakened when you have dry, sensitive skin.
Ceramide is one key component that makes up the topmost layer of the skin. The ceramide level in your skin shows its capability to fight against skin dryness and other stress factors. This gives strength to the skin to act as a protective barrier and a shield. Unfortunately, dry, sensitive skin types often lack natural ceramides in the skin. So let’s check out some dry, sensitive skin products through Curel Reviews.
About The Curel | Curel Reviews
You can restore moisture in the skin, restore the protective moisture balance and replenish the skin’s ceramide by getting the right help from good products. It is formulated with ceramide technology to repair your skin, improving moisture retention and keeping skin hydrated. The Curel product range is specifically formulated for people with dry, sensitive skin. Curel is a Japanese skincare brand that developed its products after spending years studying and researching its products. Let’s learn a little history about the brand through the Curel Reviews.
Tomaro Nagase started Nagase Shoten in 1887, which later became Kao. Seeing a need for good quality, affordable soaps, they began manufacturing soaps in 1890. In addition, they established a dermatological research group that discovered the role of Ceramides in the skin. As a result, Kao launched Curel, developed for people with dry, sensitive skin using ceramides, across Japan in 1999, quickly becoming Japan’s number 1 skincare brand for sensitive skin. They’ve expanded to markets in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, and Vietnam and Launched Curel at Boots in the UK in 2019.
- The number 1 brand for sensitive skin in Japan.
- Recommended by 87% of Dermatologists in Japan.
- Known for its powerful replenishing moisturizers, which protect the skin
- The ancient Japanese tradition of Double cleansing and Double moisturizing is utilized.
1. Curél Intensive Face Moisturizer Cream
This Intensive Face Moisturizer cream comes highly recommended for its intensely hydrating properties. This is perfect for dry, sensitive skin types as the advanced ceramide skincare night cream helps replenish moisture and strengthen the skin barrier. It can also be used as an anti-aging cream by strengthening the skin barrier and retaining water, and locking it into the skin. The cream is lightweight yet deeply nourishing for the skin and is best paired with Curel Moisture Facial Lotion Enrich. It absorbs into the skin quickly, leaving the skin with a healthy, youthful, and smooth glow.
This night face cream is one of their best-selling creams. It is pH balanced, free from drying alcohol, fragrance, and colorant, making it safe to use.
How to Use?
- On the cleansed and toned face, tab the required size amount of Curél Intensive Moisture Facial Cream to cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin in dots.
- Apply cream all over your face and neck.
- Apply in a firm but gentle motion starting at the center of the face.
- DEEPLY HYDRATING FACE CREAM - pH balanced, fragrance-free, colorant-free, and free from drying alcohol, this wrinkle cream for face offers long-lasting results
- AWARD-WINNING FACE CREAM FOR DRY, SENSITIVE SKIN - This night face cream is a best-selling face cream for women in Japan. 86.8% of Japanese dermatologists recommend Curél
- CERAMIDE CARE FACE MOISTURIZER - An ideal, moisturizing skin care product for dry, sensitive skin, the advanced ceramide skin care in this anti aging night cream for face helps strengthens the skin barrier
- Highly absorbent.
2. Curél Makeup Cleansing Oil for Face
This gentle oil makeup remover is perfect as a first step cleanser. It is an emulsifying cleansing oil that works by breaking up and lifting off stubborn makeup dirt, oil, and other impurities. It transforms into a milky texture on contact with water and works well to remove dirt, oil, lipstick, foundation, etc. Doubling as a makeup cleanser and deep cleansing oil gently cleanses your skin without stripping its natural fat. In addition, it is free from color, fragrance, and drying alcohol, leaving your skin soft, clean, and dewy.
As it is part of a dual step cleansing routine, use the oil-free Curél Foaming Face Wash for the best result.
How to Use?
- Ensure your hands are clean.
- Dispense the required amount onto dry hands and gently massage the Cleansing Oil onto the dry face, including the eyes.
- Add warm water to transform the oil into a milk lotion.
- Do NOT rub excessively.
- Rinse off.
- GENTLE MAKEUP CLEANSER - This oil makeup remover transforms into a weightless, milky texture upon contact with water to effortlessly lift off stubborn dirt, oils, foundation, lipstick, and even waterproof mascara - no heavy rubbing required.
- PROTECT CERAMIDES - Cleanses without stripping the skin's natural ceramides, a vital part of your skin's moisture barrier.
- FOR DRY, SENSITIVE SKIN - Residue-free, gentle makeup remover that cleanses without heavy rubbing, leaving skin feeling soft and dewy.
- Removes makeup without drying out the skin.
- Is effective as a first step cleanser.
- It is not as effective against highly pigmented products and waterproof gel and pencil liner.
3. Curél Itch Defense Calming Body Lotion
As the name suggests, this body lotion has been proven to give relief from dry, itchy skin while controlling flare-ups. Acting as a barrier against moisture loss from the skin prevents skin irritation from returning. Its gentle formula makes it safe for babies over six months to use. Curél Itch Defense Lotion helps rebalance three main components of healthy skin: moisture levels, ceramide levels, and pH levels. It repairs skin by promoting cellular turnover. It gives soothing hydration to the driest of skin and is suitable for Eczema-prone skin. This calming body lotion has been granted the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance.
How to use?
- Apply immediately after shower/bath for best result.
- Reapply if necessary.
- Apply daily.
- RELIEF FROM ITCHY SKIN - Curél Itch Defense is clinically proven to relieve dry, itchy skin, and help to control flare-ups.
- SKIN MOISTURIZER - Restores the skin's' moisture barrier to prevent irritation from returning
- SAFE FOR MOST SKIN TYPES - Suitable for use on babies 6 months and up
- Instant hydration.
- It gives relief to dry, itchy skin
- Suitable for Eczema prone skin.
- Gentle to the skin
- Strongly scented
4. Curél Foot Therapy Cream
The Curel Foot Therapy Cream smoothes and softens dry feet and improves the driest feet by replenishing the skin’s ceramide levels. It deeply penetrates the skin to bring relief to dry and cracked skin. With a promise of improving your skin condition within two nights of use, it is perfect for cracked heels and callused heels. Its moisturizing and hydrating properties work at the source of dryness, prompting a quick positive response to the product. It is formulated using the safest ingredients and helps rebuild the skin’s natural moisture barrier. The richness and ultra-nourishing properties of Shea butter, Vitamin E, and Coconut Milk work their magic to nourish dry, damaged skin.
How to use?
- Clean feet
- Apply on feet and lightly massage cream. Wear cotton socks for the cream to penetrate deeper
- SMOOTHES AND SOFTENS DRY FEET - Significantly improves the look and feel of even the driest heels and feet by helping replenish the skin's ceramide levels.
- DEEPLY MOISTURIZES - Penetrates deeply to noticeably smooth dry, cracked feet after just 2 nights of use.
- FORMULATED WITH SAFE INGREDIENTS - Thoughtfully infused with Shea Butter, Coconut Milk and Vitamin E to revitalized and nourish dry, damaged skin and help rebuild the skin's natural moisture barrier.
- Dermatologist tested.
- Works within two days.
- Contains Parabens.
- Not as effective on very dry and calloused feet.
- Very strongly scented, so people with scent sensitivity may face a problem.
5. Curel Daily Healing Body Lotion
There are so many body lotions available in the market these days. Choosing the correct product and understanding the ingredients can be challenging for a layperson. Curel’s daily healing body lotion is hydrating and relieves dry, itchy, and irritated skin. It is proven to restore the skin’s natural moisture barrier with everyday use. Its non-irritating, fast-absorbing, and non-greasy formula provides time-released hydration 24 hours after application. The advanced ceramide complex in the lotion prevents symptoms of dry, damaged skin from returning by restoring the skin’s ceramide levels. This lotion is perfect for daily application.
How to use?
- Apply daily to the required area.
- For best result, apply after shower/bath.
- Reapply as needed.
- REPAIR YOUR SKIN - Hydrates and relieves dry, irritated, itchy skin
- ALL DAY MOISTURIZER - Time-released hydration provides 24 hours of continuous relief
- RESTORE MOISTURE - Helps to restore skin's natural moisture barrier with daily use
- Fast absorbing
- Strongly scented.
- Contains Paraben.
Customer Reviews | Curel Reviews
“I started working on my soft foot journey about two years ago after trying the TikTok trending foot peels. They worked miracles, but I still had small cracks in my heels and had to repeat the process every few months. I ended up burning the top of my feet with the chemicals. So I tried a bunch of different lotions. Instead, nothing worked, and I eventually talked to a good friend about what she does for dry feet. She recommended this product, and I wish I’d asked sooner. It keeps my feet soft and, after about six months healed the cracks!! After a shower and before bed, I put Curel’s lotion on three times a week, then socks. I’m so glad I finally found a solution!” J Kern
“I wish you could feel my skin! It’s so smooth right now, and I didn’t even need to use many creams. This is new to me – the only Curel I’ve ever used was a hand lotion. This time of year, it’s not just my hands that are dry – my face feels it too. I use a heavy-duty cold cream at night and a light lotion during the day. When I saw this Curel cream is ‘intensive,’ I assumed it would be a night cream for me … and I was wrong! Yes, it’s intensive (or what I call heavy duty), but there’s no thick layer or greasy look. My skin feels velvety smooth, and it has a matte appearance. I love it. It’s pricey, but I can see why.” A.Mitchell
FAQs | Curel Reviews
Of the two moisturizers available, which one should I choose?
All product needs to be chosen keeping the season and your skin type in mind. Moisture Face Milk or Intensive Moisture Cream are formulated to aid dry, sensitive skin. The thickness of the products signifies the level of moisturization on the skin. The Moisture Cream is thicker in texture than the Face Milk. Hence it provides better moisturization.
Is Curel cruelty-free?
Curel is not cruelty-free
Is Curel alcohol-free?
A No, Curel is not alcohol-free. However, it doesn’t contain drying alcohol like Isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) or ethanol.
Is Curel good for eczema?
Yes, it is beneficial for people with eczema and sensitive skin. In addition, the National Eczema Association has accepted it as a safe product.
In what order do I use Curel products?
The thumb rule for skincare products is the same irrespective of brands. This is a generic guide – cleansing, toning, serum, targeted area treatment, gel/lotion/cream/, and sunscreen. Curel products are formulated to be dual-step cleansers and moisturizers. So do ensure you follow the steps accordingly. For example, you may use Curél Makeup Cleansing Oil for Face to break down oil and stubborn makeup and follow up with the face wash.
Is Curel good for dehydrated products?
An Absolutely. Its super-rich formula is one of the best products for dry, dehydrated, and sensitive skin. They are so gentle and effective, and you can see a change in your skin within no time.
Cons of the product
Although a good product line, it is unfortunate that it is targeted only at dry, sensitive skin types. People who like Curel skincare products but have normal-oil skin do not have many choices. The product also contains chemicals which could be a source of concern. Also, there are issues are the use of strong scents in the product line. Finally, some of the products are steeply priced, deterring some buyers.
Conclusion | Curel Reviews
If you have been searching for a product specially formulated for dry, sensitive skin, look no further. It is a good skincare range, and these Curel reviews will help you decide on purchasing the products. This skincare brand is specially formulated for dry, sensitive skin, and the product does deliver on its promise. As is with all brands, some products are excellent while others fall short. Nevertheless, it is an excellent product to invest in if you have the before-mentioned skin type. Your dry skin will start showing vast improvement within no time. Dry, flaky skin will be replaced by smooth, quenched, and deeply hydrated skin.
You Might Like: MineTan Reviews | What’s New With MineTan Cosmetics?